Re: First CSS-Positioning draft?

On Nov 5, 12:41pm, Grzegorz Staniak wrote:

> Sorry if this is off-topic, but this list seemed to me the best forum
> to ask the question: could somebody tell me when was the first draft
> of CSS-Positioning released, and who was it authored by?

30 January 1997:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-positioning-970130.html

Editor:
      Robert Stevahn, Hewlett Packard Co.
Authors:
      Scott Furman, et.al., Netscape Communications Corp.
      Scott Isaacs, et.al., Microsoft Corp.

> On the W3C
> site I found the latest version and a link to an earlier one, but
> from what I remember, the ideas expressed there have been around for
> some time,

yes, although not in the same form

> and the original draft was submitted to W3C quite a while
> ago.

The original draft was writen by W3C staff and made public on
8 June 1996:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-layout

It was not based on a Submission: these are listed at

  http://www.w3.org/Submission/