Re: User Style Sheets in PP2 (was Re: Issue 1: Font-weight and headings)

From: E. Stephen Mack <estephen@emf.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:45:27 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
>Huh? You've just admitted that the feature isn't new.

Sorry, I was being a little ironic.  But I do think it's good
to now be able to see Yahoo! with my experimental user style,
which sets background color, font color, and font-family to
values I find readable.  I haven't found too many collisions
yet, although I'm just getting started..

Also, IE 4.0 pp2 now has three important options under
View | Options | General | Accessibility:
x Ignore colors specified on Web pages
x Ignore font styles specified on Web pages
x Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages

Exactly what we've been demanding for a while.  It doesn't
yet match Mosaic's level of customizing, but combined with
a user style sheet it's very close.

The only feature that remains to be added is the ability
to disable different style sheets by menu, so that I can
disable a particular author style sheet while retaining
my user style sheet and any (theoretical) site style sheets.

I sincerely hope Navigator offers these features as well.
--
E. Stephen Mack <estephen@emf.net>    http://www.emf.net/~estephen/