Re: Issue 1: Font-weight and headings

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@technologist.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:42:08 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
E. Stephen Mack wrote:
> (By the way, I predict that most user style sheets will end up
> having ! important attached to most declarations.)

It doesn't matter. Page authors will always "win" without even trying.
To make reasonable use of CSS for interesting effects authors must use
classes. Since users can't predict author's classes, they can't override
them in their user style sheets unless they update their user style
sheets to reflect all of the classes in the universe.

 Paul Prescod