Re: Positioning HTML Elements with Cascading Style Sheets

Steve Knoblock wrote:

> Paul,
> my only concern is with re-ordering entries in a list. That to me comes
> close to changing the content.
>
> If I have a list
> <ol>
> <li>one
> <li>two
> <li>there
> </ol>
>
> If it automatically renders,
>
> three
> two
> one
>
> that is close to changing content or at least the meaning.
>
> Not so much that it greatly bothers me though.

That would only occur if your stylesheet asked to alphabetize them or something.
Nobody is arguing in favour of *arbitrary* transformations of content. Just in
favour of mappings from the author's content to whatever he or she wants it to
look like, including character transformations.

 Paul Prescod