RE: Dealing with form elements...

From: Joel N. Weber II <nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 07:26:03 -1000 (HST)
To: "Bjorn E. Backlund" <bjorn@cooper.xanthus.se>
On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Bjorn E. Backlund wrote:

> Sample rules we use:
>
> INPUT-TEXT {
> 	border: beveled;
> 	background-internal: white;
> 	margin: 2pt;
> 	font-family: monospace;
> 	text-align: left;
> }

I don't really like that solution.  To use it, I'd have to treat <input>
as if it where <input-text>; and what if someday there's an <input-text>
tag?  I think this is exactly what psuedoclasses are for, so I think I'll
go with William Perry's solution.

(I'm not sure if <input-text> is even a valid tag, because it might be
the case that dashes aren't allowed; but if dashes aren't allowed in
tags, then I assume they shouldn't be allowed in CSS1, so in that case
you'd be changing the syntax recognized by the CSS1 parser.)

nemo
                                                 http://www.cyclic.com/~nemo
<nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us>                    <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
"...For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." -- Matthew 9:13