Re: Style sheet misuse advice

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:13:33 -1000 (HST), "Joel N. Weber II"
<nemo@koa.iolani.honolulu.hi.us> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, John Pozadzides wrote:
>
>> Raising one other interesting yet off topic point.  Why haven't browser
>> manufacturers implemented a little "warning system" if you will, which
>> warns a user that text or link colors are set to the same color as a
>> background.  Then they would at least be aware of the fact that they are
>> looking at a page that might have hidden text...
>
>If you have the logic to detect sane colors, you might as well also
>change the foreground to something sane so the text will be readable.
>
>But how should a browser behave if you have #000000 and #000100

Well, I thought about that, and decided that given the current state, it
would be better to just ask for same color warnings.  That we might get!
Building logic into the browser... well do I really need to comment here?

Take care,

John

John Pozadzides   john@htmlhelp.com
W e b  D e s i g n  G r o u p