IE bug list -Reply

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 21:56:47 +0100 (MET)
To: Charles Peyton Taylor <CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>
Cc: marym@Finesse.COM, www-style@w3.org
Charles Peyton Taylor writes:

 > There is one at W3C:
 > http://www.w3.org/pub/www/Style/css/msie/

 > I can think of several reasons for the link being removed:
 > the list page is based on 3.0b1 (for Windows 95) when 3.01 is
 > out with improvements (and MSIE 3.0 for Macintosh has a higher
 > level of support) and perhaps it would be unfair to fully
 > document only one browser's support when soon more than one
 > major browser will have CSS support (of course, whether the
 > W3C should, or even has the time to track compliance of CSS
 > is another question.)

Right. The link was removed since I no longer had time to track IE3.
The MS programmers were faster..

For W3C, interoperability is a major concern and tracking conformance
is a part of that. Also, we hope to publish CSS1 test suites in the
future.

There is room for volunteer efforts in this area, both in updating
feature/but pages and (a much bigger job) help compile test suites.

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome