HSL, RGB, multiple and Mac

From: Smith, Brooke <Brooke.Smith@Butterworths.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:39:54 +1000
To: www-style@w3.org
Sorry to add one more to this thread.

Why can't multiple notations be used so that if someone understands RGB
they can use that or HSL if they prefer that or ....  Possibly encode
the format in the color information 'RGB:255,0,0', with the default
being RGB.

And if authors used a Mac running OS8+ they'd have access to HSL, RGB,
Crayon and even HTML's 216 palatte in the colour wheel (which will
convert between all formats).

These comments seem so obvious I feel as if I must be missing something.

Cheers,

Brooke