Re: Color Standards (Silly)

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 13:21:54 +0100 (MET)
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Style" <www-style@w3.org>
 > I'd like to cast my vote for the CrayolaŽ color standard[1]. It is in common
 > use world-wide and has cool names.

I like it!

Especially this bit would make it OK with the internationalisation group:

    1992 -- True Colors

    Crayola multicultural crayons are launched, making Crayola a
    leader in the development of art products that recognize the
    diverse world in which we live. By using crayons, markers, paints,
    and modeling compounds that reflect the variety of skin tones,
    children are able to build a positive sense of self and respect
    for cultural diversity.

Plus the names like "purple mountains majesty", "razzmatazz", "timber
wolf", "wisteria", and "tumbleweed" would make a great partnership
with fuchsia and teal!

Steven Pemberton

P.S. :-)