Re: Constants & Environment Variables

From: marduk <marduk@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 00:33:46 -0500 (CDT)
To: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Jordan Reiter wrote:

> I would like to voice my support for the proposals for the addition of
> the uses of environmental variables to CSS
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-css-potential#pgfId=1029312).  It offers a
> great potential to both authors and users, but users particularly.
> Rather than having to rely on the application itself to define how
> various items were rendered, the user would be able to define it using
> CSS.  And if we want users to begin using CSS themselves on a large
> scale (rather than only having web authors use it), this is a powerful
> way to get them involved.

Most of them appear useful, however what would $DWIDTH/$DHEIGHT be if the
user were not using a traditional "display"?

Also the example used for $FETCHED: do you think any browser will actually
implement such a thing?

-=-marduk-=-

marduk                                  http://home1.gte.net/marduk/index.html