absolute positioning form elements

From: Avishay Ayalon <avishay.a@sapiens.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 12:26:26 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi

I ran through the draft of CSSP, which states that:

>> 3.1 'position'
>>
>> Value: absolute | relative | static
>> Initial: static
>> Applies to: all elements
>> Inherited: no
>> Percentage values: N/A

Note the applies to all elements. This seems to indicate that absolute
positioning form elements is allowed also.

This however is not supported in Netscape Communicatior. After
conversing with netscape support, I was given the answer that at the
time it may not have been clear that the CSSP spec allowed that.

Should one deduct form this extract that "all elements" includes from
elements, or should these be excluded for some reason?

thanks.

--

Avishay Ayalon          mailto:avishay.a@sapiens.com
Sapiens Technologies    http://www.sapiens.com/