RE: CSS vs. transitional markup [was: No Subject]

From: Chris Wilson (PSD) <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:26:18 -0700
To: "'David Perrell'" <davidp@earthlink.net>, Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Hmm, I think I agree with you, with a slight amendment.  I believe
precedence order, from most preferred to least preferred, should go like
this:

Inline styles
author stylesheet
user stylesheet
HTML attributes & intrinsic HTML element properties (e.g., BLOCKQUOTE is
indented)

The change is where HTML properties are handled WRT user stylesheets.
This allows the user greater control.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com