Re: <font> vs. CSS: no contest

From: Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 16:33:39 -0400
To: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org, Josh Paluch <joshp@cnet.com>
David Perrell wrote:
> This should get you the result you want.
>
> BASEFONT can also be declared in the stylesheet.

I mostly agree with this,  but I wouldn't think BASEFONT and CSS1 can
work together.  BASEFONT isn't really a structural element and isn't
inherited from.  Rather the author should declare a font-size or font on
BODY or HTML and that *will* be properly inherited.

Doug
--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com
Silicon Graphics/SSO			http://reality.sgi.com/drand