Re: CSS vs. transitional markup [was: No Subject]

From: Douglas Rand <drand@sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 16:31:37 -0400
To: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org, Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
David Perrell wrote:
> Does IE honor stylesheet attributes for FONT over inline ones? FONT is
> an element like any other. When its inline style attributes are not
> overridden by a CSS declaration, shouldn't those attributes override
> the parent?

In our browser,  the FONT declarations would override the parent.  CSS1
decls for the FONT tag itself would first be honored,  then the
attributes.  I treat attributes in essentially the same fashion as a
STYLE attribute.

So my view is that indeed the inline attributes of the FONT should
override the parent.  For my own implementation it also means that the
style object associated with FONT and any children's style object
inheriting cannot be cached.  Ah well.

Doug

--
Doug Rand				drand@sgi.com