Re: indents (fwd)

From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
Once upon a time Steve Knoblock shaped the electrons to say...
>things that should be done in markup classing. Otherwise we ought to move
>to SGML where you can have your own <initialpara>text</initialpara> or such
>and hang a style directly on it.

That's what XML is about.  So push MS and NS to implement it - talking to
a number of MS developers at WWW6 they personally are in favor of IE 5
having full XML support.  But unless the suits make that a design goal they
can't go do it on their own.  And NS's commitment to XML is still vague.

XML with CSS and/or DSSSL would give you the absolute control you're
looking for.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588