Re: New CSS1 draft available

From: Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 19:43:33 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

>  - The possibility to combine two or more elements into a single
>    block appears more in demand than we thought (e.g., break before
>    DT and break after DD, so that a DT is shown `run-in')

I have given 'run-in sideheads' some thought. I would like to be able to
specify that a heading is run into the next paragraph.

You could have a typical markup like

render as

Italics. Italics are used for emphasis.

This way the markup would work with different style sheets---one that
preferred the run-in head or another that prefers separate sub-heads (what
to do about the period is another matter).

Would it work to declare the <h3> as in-line? Or is something new required?

Of course, You could simulate it by

This is what I use now.

   _/     Steve Knoblock
   _/     City Gallery - History of Photography
   _/     Member:  National Stereoscopic Association