Re: Relative weight - reader vs. author styles

In <9611181513.ZM1658@grommit.inria.fr>, Chris Lilley wrote:
>On Nov 15,  1:51pm, William I. Johnston wrote:
>
>> I wish this were changed to make it a requirement that style sheets
>> could be turned off and on by users, as a last resort against
>> authors who use IMPORTANT for all aspects of their style guides.
>
>If you turn off all stylesheets, what is displayed? The HTML source?
>
>Conceptually the default stylesheet is what the browser normally uses
>to display a document, and conceptually this is always present
>otherwise
>there is no document display.

It seems pretty clear to me that he doesn't want to turn _all_
stylesheets off, but to turn all of the author's stylesheets
off.  I also like the idea of having this option available, which
would be especially handy for people with mediocre network
connections who wouldn't have to wait for the extra http calls.

David