Re: Caching of Style sheets

From: James Tauber <jtauber@library.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 05:17:08 +0800 (WST)
To: Clark Breyman <cbreyman@xsoft.xerox.com>
Cc: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>, www-style@w3.org
> While my suggestion might be restated "Why don't we put a UUID in every
> web content object?", I thought it best to limit my suggestion to CSS
> as there is still the opportunity to influence the initial development
> of CSS enabled UA's.

How about using ISO/IEC 9070 public identifiers? A simple solution exists
for resolving them to URLs (see http://www.entmp.org/fpi-urn/delgate.html)
and they are already used by DSSSL. (Infact, I'm currently putting
together a proposal to use them for Java classes as well).

James K. Tauber / jtauber@library.uwa.edu.au
University CWIS Coordination Officer
The University of Western Australia