Re: backgrounds..

From: Carl Morris <msftrncs@htcnet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 18:02:10 -0500
To: "Bert Bos" <Bert.Bos@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: "WWW Style List" <www-style@w3.org>
But Bert, can you shed some light on the otherpart?  An <H1> tag is a
block tag correct?  Even though that tag is centered, aligned left, or
aligned right, should the entire background from margin to margin be
colored as described or should just the area imidiately under the text
be colored...  That is my question...

I would feel the whole area should be included in the coloring, which
should automatically correct the DIV problems also...

I see a post from Thomas of MS though, so...

I find the spec too quick of a spec, with not enough clearification for
how the style should be applied in certian instances...  However I hear
about conformance testing being a future project and maybe that will
help shed some more light in these types of issues...

-|- Carl Morris (N0YUV) -|- 1:285/302 -|- msftrncs@htcnet.com -|-
-|- Hooper Connections BBS -|- 1-(402)-654-2102 -|- 28.8kbps V.34 -|-
-|- http://199.120.83.179/~moreese/ -|-