RE: Introducing NetscapeML

From: Marcus E. Hennecke <marcush@crc.ricoh.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 10:03:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: alexed@netscape.com, thomasre@microsoft.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org, html-erb@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
On Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:42:01 -0700, Thomas Reardon <thomasre@microsoft.com> wrote:
> "continue to work on implementing ... HTML 3.2 features"  Um, Alex,
> hello, you ALREADY implement it.

He may have been refering to the fact that the latest version now finally
supports <U>underlined text</U>. It *still* won't do <table align=center>,
though. I have been pointing out this bug for more than a year now but
they just won't fix it. They also don't fully implement the client-side
imagemap specs (can't put the map data in a separate file) and I don't know
if Netscape or any other browser besides Lynx makes use of the ALT text in
the AREA elements if image loading is turned off. Of course, no browser I
have ever seen implements DIR and MENU the way they were intended (i.e.
without bullets and in columns). So yes, there are still a few things
Netscape (and most other browser vendors) still have to do to fully
implement HTML 3.2.

Marcus E. Hennecke
marcush@crc.ricoh.com        http://www.crc.ricoh.com/~marcush/