RE: Introducing NetscapeML

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996 12:15:45 -0500 (EST), "William M. Perry" <wmperry@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> Marcus E. Hennecke writes:
>  > They also don't fully implement the client-side imagemap specs (can't
>  > put the map data in a separate file) and I don't know if Netscape or any
>  > other browser besides Lynx makes use of the ALT text in the AREA
>  > elements if image loading is turned off.
>
> I'm sure everyone can see this coming....
>
> Emacs-W3 implements alt descriptions of client-side imagemaps. :)

Of course! How could I forget. Emacs-w3 implements *everything*! 8-)

>  What
> version of lynx supports them?

According to the CHANGES file, client-side imagemap have been added on
02-29-96. This means that the latest official release of Lynx (i.e. 2.5)
supports them.

Marcus E. Hennecke
marcush@crc.ricoh.com        http://www.crc.ricoh.com/~marcush/