parent-child relationships

From: Hakon Lie <Hakon.Lie@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 22:47:15 +0100
To: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@microsoft.com>
Cc: Glenn Adams <glenn@stonehand.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Chris Wilson writes:

 > if good reason is offered, immediate ancestry can be added to the CSS spec.
 >  It doesn't seem like such a difficult addition, to either the spec or my
 > implementation... anyone else?

yes, it can very easily be added, but we don't plan to do so for
CSS1. We have to keep the specification simple while handing out some
new toys. It's easy to attack this strategy: one can complain about
the specification being to complex, or that one cannot do this or
that. Some people now appear to take both these stands...

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/People/howcome  howcome@w3.org