Re: BAD HTML flag [was: Re: Broken parsers need to be fixed (was Re: no dtd? no]

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler <bsittler@prism.nmt.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 11:45:00 -0600
To: igraham@hprc.utoronto.ca
Cc: html-wg@oclc.org, www-style@www10.w3.org
In my experience people usually ignore Arena'a BAD HTML indicator, except
for their own documents, where they find it of great service. Perhaps
having error marking stylesheet-settable would be a good idea...

$HTML_ERROR : font.style = blink; font.color = yellow; back.color = red

(That would be in my own personal stylesheet, of course...)

If you *really* didn't want errors flagged, you could just ! insist on
normal display, and maybe even disbale the warning light.

--
Benjamin C. W. Sittler
   "I have great confidence in fools -- self confidence my friends call it."