Re: Question regarding timeline concepts in SMIL

From: Spiral Universe <mihaly.balogh@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:50:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>, Spiral Universe <mihaly.balogh@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-smil@w3.org
Thanks Daniel but I was thinking of something totally different. Let's say I have 2 movies, one for the content and one is the advertisement. Somewhere in the middle of content movie I "insert" the advertisement movie (most probably using an excl node) and while this ad is playing I want that the player to display the position of the content movie in it's seekbar (just ignoring that there is another video playing). I just don't understand how this seekbar could be synchronized with videos.

Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com> wrote: Hi !

You can certainly skip content using SMIL.

Let's assume the advert is a 5mn clip encoded within the video file,
say between 5mn and 10mn. The goal is to play the video between 0 and
5mn, then again immediately between 10mn and the end of the video:

Hope that helps, Dan/