Re: Question regarding timeline concepts in SMIL

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:50:00 +0100
Cc: www-smil@w3.org
To: Spiral Universe <mihaly.balogh@yahoo.com>

Hi !

You can certainly skip content using SMIL.

Let's assume the advert is a 5mn clip encoded within the video file,
say between 5mn and 10mn. The goal is to play the video between 0 and
5mn, then again immediately between 10mn and the end of the video:

<seq>
	<video src="example.mpg" clipEnd="5mn"/>
	<video src="example.mpg" clipBegin="10mn"/>
</seq>

Hope that helps, Dan/