Re: frozen value for discrete animation

I understand the problem of discrete animations with a keyTimes value of
1 and a freeze and/or repeat in combination with the exclusive end time
model.  I think your solution to disallow a value of 1 for keyTimes in
discrete animations has merit.  However, I am a bit uncomfortable with
it.  My main issue is, how to determine whether an animation is
discrete.  If the playback engine does not support interpolated
animations on some value, it treats the animation as discrete, thereby
causing the same problem again.

Another solution might be to specify that in the case of a discrete
animation and a keyTime of 1, the time should be understood to be the
smallest possible fraction *before* the full duration.  In that case,
the final value is reached before the end, and all problems are also
resolved.  Or am I missing something here?

--
Sjoerd Mullender