Re: frozen value for discrete animation

From: Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:07:37 +0200
To: www-smil@w3.org

Hello,

I see, for multiples I learned the same as it is mentioned in
wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_(mathematics)

6 = 1.2*5 is not a multiple of 5, because 1.2 = 6/5 is no integer.

Multiple is always the result of a multiplication with an integer,
and 6 = 1.2*5 is an integer multiple of 1.2, because 6/1.2 = 5
and 6, the result of multiplication, is an (even!) integer again,
therefore 6 can be called an even integer multiple of 1.2 too...

This 'even' wording looks very plurivalent to me,
not very useful for an (international) recommendation...

The given formular is already a good improvement compared
to the 'SMIL Animation Recommendation 04-September-2001',
I really like this, but the 'even' wording may still confuse several
people (as I learned already in a related discussion about frozen
animation related to these emails about frozen discrete
animations). There is a similar wording in the time interval
model section too, still without formular and therefore even (!)
more confusing concerning this discrete problem.

Olaf Hoffmann