Re: accesskey timing specifier syntax

No, see <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#AVNormalize>.

>Is there a difference between specifying accesskey(A) and accesskey(a)?
>What about accesskey(1) and accesskey(!)?  On my keyboard 1 and ! are
>on the same key.

Yes and yes; it also seems clear that the feature is based on text input
rather than keypress events. Whether accesskey(A) should be triggered if
"a" is the input is not defined in SMIL2...

>What does it mean to use a character that doesn't correspond to a key,
>such as accesskey(&#x2622;)?

This means that the user has a problem triggering it...

>Which characters must be escaped?  For example, if I want to use the
>minus key, would I have to use accesskey(\-), because of the parsing
>rules?  Any other characters?

The "character" non-terminal is indeed undefined, it seems clear though
that it resolves to U+000000-U+10FFFF except ")"; using ) as accesskey
seems to be disallowed.

>What about keys that don't corrsepond to a character in Unicode, such
>as Home?

Those can't be used, obviously.