RE: SMIL DOM

If you look at the bottom of this page, http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/behaviors/reference/time2_entry.asp, under Methods you will see one implementation of a DOM for SMIL 2, released with Internet Explorer 6.  The purpose of this was to make it easier to create SMIL based authoring tools.

-Pablo

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Dan Dennedy [mailto:DDennedy@digitalbang.com]
 Sent: Mon 7/29/2002 7:15 AM
 To: Sigurd Lerstad; www-smil@w3.org
 Subject: RE: SMIL DOM

 > From: Sigurd Lerstad
 >
 > I read in the past that the SMIL dom was discontinuted
 > because of lack of interest. I was interested and had started
 > implementing it. It's really annoying that it's gone, because
 > as an implementor, it's really helpful to have defined
 > interfaces to follow instead of inventing interfaces on your own.
 >
 > I really hope that you can put it back up, even if you stop
 > working on it for a while...

 It's still available (for now) at http://www.w3.org/TR/smil-boston-dom/.
 I suggest you download the PDF in case the page really does goes away
 and expires from Google's cache.

 I too am working on an implementation, for the open source video editor
 Kino:
 http://www.schirmacher.de/arne/kino/

 We use SMIL in an unusual way--as a post-production project file format,
 and not as a playback language. We are just getting started, and will
 probably only use this for some ideas. So far, we only use seq and video
 elements as a "playlist," but we need to expand now. Consequently, we
 need to more formalize our classes.