Re: please review: application/smil MIME type registration

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:17:47 +0900
To: Philipp Hoschka <ph@w3.org>, ietf-types@iana.org
Cc: www-smil@w3.org
At 18:02 01/06/21 +0200, Philipp Hoschka wrote:
>We'd like to start the two-week review of
>describing the registration of the application/smil MIME type for
>SMIL 1.0 and SMIL 2.0.

Hello Philipp,

(08->09) or even better (but doesn't make a difference)

And it's registering both application/smil and application/xml+smil.

Some simple comments:

- Was there an earlier registration for application/smil? I haven't
   found anything about that in the draft.
- There are two types registered, but there is no explanation about
   why there are two, or which should be used in what case
   (or I have missed that).
- I think IANA doesn't like pointers in registration templates.
   I would advise you to fill in everything, even if this duplicates data.

Regards,   Martin.