Re: Comments on SMIL Boston

herve_foucher@ds-fr.com wrote:

> Jose Ramirez:
> >  SMIL Boston looks like it's taking all future media devices into
> > account. Which is great but my concerns is, if the Working Group is
> > consulting the implementors of the SMIL players, in respect to how
> > long it would take to create a compatible player to the Boston
> > spec.'s.
>
> Yep! I'll have lot of work to make SOJA Boston-compliant ! ;-)
> It is even almost impossible within an applet so
> I am thinking about a GNU SOJA written in C with the GTK+ toolkit...
> but it is only a project and it will perhaps take long.
>
> Btw, I updated the vim syntax file for SMIL and it now accepts
> most of Boston tags and args.
>
> http://www.helio.org/vim/syntax/smil.vim
>
> Herve

Hello Herve,

	What about extending JMStudio with SOJA and making it an application.
This way almost all the
media types are supported (avi, mov, mp3, etc.)

Just a Thought :)

Jose Ramirez

/*
 * @(#)JMStudio.java	1.29 99/05/19
 *
 * Copyright (c) 1999 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 *
 * Sun grants you ("Licensee") a non-exclusive, royalty free, license to
use,
 * modify and redistribute this software in source and binary code form,
 * provided that i) this copyright notice and license appear on all
copies of
 * the software; and ii) Licensee does not utilize the software in a
manner
 * which is disparaging to Sun.
 *
 * This software is provided "AS IS," without a warranty of any kind.
ALL
 * EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING ANY
 * IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
OR
 * NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. SUN AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL
NOT BE
 * LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY LICENSEE AS A RESULT OF USING,
MODIFYING
 * OR DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE OR ITS DERIVATIVES. IN NO EVENT WILL SUN
OR ITS
 * LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR
DIRECT,
 * INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES,
HOWEVER
 * CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OF
 * OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF SUN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE
 * POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
 *
 * This software is not designed or intended for use in on-line control
of
 * aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft
communications; or in
 * the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear
 * facility. Licensee represents and warrants that it will not use or
 * redistribute the Software for such purposes.
 */