Re: Comments on SMIL Boston

From: <herve_foucher@ds-fr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:02:25 +0200
To: Jose Ramirez <joseram@empirenet.com>
cc: www-smil@w3.org

Jose Ramirez:
>  SMIL Boston looks like it's taking all future media devices into
> account. Which is great but my concerns is, if the Working Group is
> consulting the implementors of the SMIL players, in respect to how
> long it would take to create a compatible player to the Boston
> spec.'s.

Yep! I'll have lot of work to make SOJA Boston-compliant ! ;-)
It is even almost impossible within an applet so
I am thinking about a GNU SOJA written in C with the GTK+ toolkit...
but it is only a project and it will perhaps take long.

Btw, I updated the vim syntax file for SMIL and it now accepts
most of Boston tags and args.

http://www.helio.org/vim/syntax/smil.vim

Herve