SmileBaby -- SMIL Baby player

From: Rolande Kendal <kendal@interlog.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:53:29 -0500
To: www-smil@w3.org
Hi,

I developed a Java Applet which I call SmileBaby. It synchronizes JPEGS and
voice-grade audio in a SMIL like way (i.e. amoung others, it supports the
<ser> & <par> tags -- 80% of SMIL right!). My objective in making it was to
create a lean applet (70k) suitable for dynamic download, so multimedia
could be presented without requiring preinstalled browser plugins. In
addition to operating with Netscape 4 and IE 4, I specially wrote it to
also support Netscape 3 (within my last Java 1.1 project I cut out too many
users who like a lean and efficient browser).

It is online if anyone is interested:

http://CR518337-A.YEC1.ON.WAVE.HOME.COM/SMILeBaby/

Feedback is welcome.

Rolande Kendal