Re: RDF Validator moved to new server - graph issues gone

Hello Olivier,

At 15:41 06/11/22, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>Hello Martin, All.
>
>On Sep 20, 2006, at 21:54 , Martin Duerst wrote:
>> Great to see the basic graph problem fixed. But non-Latin-1
>> characters (e.g. Japanese) still seem to work in SVG,
>> but not in PNG or GIF.
>
>I am happy to report progress on this.

Great. But just today, I didn't get any graphs at all.
I hope this is a transient problem.

>We have managed to make the graphing tool use a font covering a very
>hight number of scripts.
>
>RDF such as:

[...]

>Will now get nicely displayed.
>
>We can not guarantee that all possible glyphs will be displayed
>properly. Unfortunately, the raster output for graphviz uses a
>library which uses only one font (instead, as some more advanced
>systems do, of trying other fonts which may contain the glyph if the
>current font does not), and as far as our research has shown, there
>is no such thing as a (free, truetype) font covering the whole of
>unicode.

One thing that was discussed and probably wouldn't take too much
time to actually implement (we just never got around to do it)
would be to tweak the SVG version to replace the single font
with a list of font names that covers fonts with wide character
coverage on various platforms. Depending on the font, the spacing
may be suboptimal, but it's still better to specify a font that's
actually available rather than one that's not.

>More info on the issue:
>http://www.graphviz.org/doc/FAQ.html#Q10a

There seems to be only
http://www.graphviz.org/doc/FAQ.html#Q10 and