Re: RDF Validator moved to new server - graph issues gone

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:41:25 +0900
Cc: www-rdf-validator <www-rdf-validator@w3.org>
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>

Hello Martin, All.

On Sep 20, 2006, at 21:54 , Martin Duerst wrote:
> Great to see the basic graph problem fixed. But non-Latin-1
> characters (e.g. Japanese) still seem to work in SVG,
> but not in PNG or GIF.

I am happy to report progress on this.
We have managed to make the graphing tool use a font covering a very
hight number of scripts.

RDF such as:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/">
     <contains>ascii 漢字 цириллик Ërôpéàñ
ελαδδα ฉันก</contains>

Will now get nicely displayed.

We can not guarantee that all possible glyphs will be displayed
properly. Unfortunately, the raster output for graphviz uses a
library which uses only one font (instead, as some more advanced
systems do, of trying other fonts which may contain the glyph if the
current font does not), and as far as our research has shown, there
is no such thing as a (free, truetype) font covering the whole of

More info on the issue:

Thank you,