Federating Web & Commercial Rule Languages

From: Adrian Walker <adrianw@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:15:07 -0400
To: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>, Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, www-rdf-rules@w3.org, dreer@fh-furtwangen.de

Hi Ian & All --

At 03:29 PM 6/28/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>A fourth alternative, and one that I think several people in this
>thread have been arguing for, is to continue working (in whatever
>context) towards an architectural framework that provides for a better
>integration between First Order and LP based languages.

There's actually a more general proposed architectural framework on the table.

It seeks to federate existing commercial rules packages and forthcoming SW
rules languages, by means of loose, but human-meaningful, coupling.

The proposal is outlined in Section 2 of
http://www.w3.org/2004/12/rules-ws/paper/19 .

Thanks in advance for thoughts about it.

                                 -- Adrian

INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC (R)
www.reengineeringllc.com

Adrian Walker