Re: Pondering RDF Path

I'd be interested to hear how you think an RDF Path language differs from
the simple RDF query proposals that have been circulating.  To my mind, the
simplicity of RDF's syntactic model, and its close relationship to its data
representation framework, doesn't leave a lot of room for distinction
between these ideas.

(Roughly, I'm thinking of *Path as a selector that operates closely on the
syntax to which it is applied, where *Query abstracts away somewhat to
access (at some level) the information thus encoded.)

#g
--

At 03:39 04/09/03 +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

>I wanted to implement an RDF Path language in an API that I'm working
>on, but current proposals have some serious problems, which generally
>fall into two groups: unclear data model, and conflation of arcs and
>nodes.
>
>To that end, I've been working on an RDF Path language that doesn't
>have these problems.
>
>    http://infomesh.net/2003/rdfpath/
>    - Pondering RDF Path
>
>The goal is implementability. Feedback is most welcome, noting,
>however, that it's still in its early stages.
>
>Cheers,
>
>--
>Sean B. Palmer, <http://purl.org/net/sbp/>
>"phenomicity by the bucketful" - http://miscoranda.com/