definitions of queries vs. rules

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:11:42 -0400
To: www-rdf-rules@w3.org
In the charter terms [1], I make the bold statement that rules are
composed of queries and assertions. This is intended to clarify why
both communities have been inducted into the same list. In
implementing algae [2], I used the variables bindings from a query to
compose assertions. Does this match the experience of others?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-rules/#terms
[2] http://www.w3.org/1999/02/26-modules/User/Algae-HOWTO
--
-eric