RE: Scope

From: Wagner, G.R. <G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:43:35 +0100
To: www-rdf-rules@w3.org
[Geoff Chappell]
> We've developed a query and inference server for RDF that
> runs on Win32 called RDF Gateway. For those of you who
> haven't seen it, it's an rdf-based deductive database
> with a SQL-like query language.
> We support AND, OR, NOT (negation as failure), ...

Your approach shows the significance of the RDBMS/SQL
paradigm for any inference-based query answering system.
A query and inference server for RDF should basically
provide at least as much expressivity/functionality as
a SQL-DB server (including negation-as-failure, as
opposed to the views of the "conservatives" on this list).

-Gerd