OWL-DL as graph

From: Matt Williams <matthew.williams@cancer.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:42:25 +0100
To: W3RDFLogicList <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

Dear List,

Firstly thanks for the swift reply to the previous query; you were of
course entirely correct in that role negation posed no real problems.

My next problem is in tyring to find expressions for expressing OWL-DL
as a graph syntax. I have seen the AS&S documents for conversion to RDF
syntax, which I need to read in some more detail.

My question concerns the following problem:

I want to express statements of the form:

1: "exists R(C exists R'.C')"
2: "not (exists R(C exists R'.C'))"
3: "exists R(C not exists R'.C')"

I can use De Morgans law to show that 2 and 3 are equivalent to "not 1".
However, I'm interested in exploring the way in which 2 and 3 are
different to one another.

I think I can do this by expressing the statements as a directed graph,
and calculating the degree of similarity between the terms (using some
suitable metric).

Does anyone know of other work expressing DLs as graphs before
manipulating them? I have found little in the DL Hb, Citeseer or Google.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

--
Dr. M. Williams MRCP(UK)