Re: RDF as a syntax for OWL (was Re: same-syntax extensions to RDF)

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:21:45 -0500
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

Correction:
[snip]
>> Perhaps I don't understand the parameters of the task at hand too
>> well, but I also have the feeling that perhaps you are not applying
>> the right tools to the job. Your quoted figures for an OWL parser from
>> RDF/XML seem to assume a DOM structure
>
>? I would love to see a quote justifying this seeming.

I thought you meant me. I got a bit confused as you sorta replied to both Peter
and me and I saw this one before Peters. Also, I'm in Japan and it's late, so my
sleepiness intrudes. Excuses excuses.

> I think you see
>straw where there is, in fact, iron.

This is still true, natch.

>> but no RDF toolkit, i.e. you
>> are directly trying to construct OWL from the XML syntax (you mention
>> a 'nice internal data structure' but a graph data structure is not the
>> same as an RDF toolkit).
>
>I was not able to find this quote.

Because it is in Peter's message. Peter rejoined.

[snip]

Sorry for the brain fry.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.