Re: OWL for OWL

At 7:47 -0500 2/19/04, Dan Brickley wrote:
>* Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch> [2004-02-19 13:43+0100]
>>
>>  I'm looking for an OWL file that describes OWL itself. Something like
>>  that is mentioned in
>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/PR-owl-test-20031215/#testOWLforOWL. After
>>  lots of searching and link clicking I managed to find the actual test
>>  cases at http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/, but that's about as far as I
>>  got. Any ideas?
>
>Google tells me the OWL namespace is http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl
>...perhaps that's what you're looking for?
>
>Dan

The Web Ont WG didn't actually produce an OWL file for describing
OWL, rather the namespace document above is an RDF schema.  It is
becoming clear that an OWL ontology describing OWL would be a
powerful tool, but the work has not yet been done to my knowledge --
I've actually been fooling around with it in my spare time, but
haven't done very much due to not having very much spare time --
would love to find someone else who has done it
  -JH

--
Professor James Hendler			  http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-277-3388 (Cell)