Re: An exciting inference?

Roger L. Costello wrote:

> Okay, that's the scenario outline.  Can someone fill in the details?
> Remember, it must be *simple* and it must lead to this inference:
>
>    The Robber and the Speeder are the same person.

This inference might be entailed from the use of an _inverse functional
property_. Let's assume for the sake of discussion that there is some type
of biometric property that can undoubtedly identify a person (that is for
each value of "fingerprint" there is at most one individual to which this
belongs)

e.g.

ex:Speeder foo:fingerprint urn:uuid:12345... .
ex:Robber foo:fingerprint urn:uuid:12345... .

foo:fingerprint a owl:InverseFunctionalProperty .

=>

ex:Speeder owl:sameIndividualAs ex:Robber .

-----

In reality things are a bit more complicated because we need to ensure that
the person isn't impersonating someone else i.e. the wrong drivers license,
social security number etc.