Re: Benefits of using DL or Lite over using Full?

there are benefits to owl lite or dl over full from a few kinds of
perspectives.

As peter mentioned, there are computational benefits.
This means that it is possible for user to count on a quick and complete
answer to a question posed to an application based on a (well implemented)
owl lite or owl dl reasoner.
It also means that an implementer of the owl lite or owl dl reasoner can
build an efficient reasoner on which (s)he can make claims about its
completeness.
It also is expected to mean that the implementer can build tools based on
owl lite or owl dl more easily and more quickly.
Finally from an educational perspective, owl lite with less constructors
can be presented to users in a simpler manner thereby making it an easier
first step to get started in using in applications.