RE: Need example of a River class being used as an individual ... anyone?

From: Dickinson, Ian J <Ian.Dickinson@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:26:27 -0000
To: "'Roger L. Costello'" <costello@mitre.org>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

I thought the typical class-as-instance example used species, something
like:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="BengalTiger" />

<BengalTiger rdf:ID="tiki" />

<BengalTiger>
	<foundIn>South-East Asia</foundIn>
</BengalTiger>

i.e. Tiki is a Bengal Tiger.  The Bengal Tiger is found in South-East Asia.

Whether that entails any conclusions about Tiki (in a logic without
defaults) is unclear in my head.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian Dickinson    HP Labs, Bristol, UK     mailto:Ian.Dickinson@hp.com