Re: Why isn't FunctionalProperty a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Why isn't FunctionalProperty a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?
Date: 05 Mar 2003 09:16:05 -0500

[...]

Hmm.  If I can make decisions in OWL based on what might happen to RDF in
the future, I have a lot of other changes that I would like to make.  :-)

> So I don't see any reason why owl:SymmetricProperty should
> be constrained to be a subclass of owl:ObjectProperty.

Well any owl:SymmetricProperty in OWL DL would, of necessity, have an empty
extension, so would not be very useful.

In OWL Full, there is no need for the division of properties into
individual-valued and data-valued.  In OWL Full, stating that property is an
owl:ObjectProperty doesn't place any restrictions on the property, so there
is no problem here either..

peter