Re: Why isn't FunctionalProperty a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 09:03, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
[...]
> In OWL Full, as in RDF, data values cannot be subjects of triples, so,
> although it could make sense to have a property whose domain was zipcodes,
> you can do very little with it.

Not currently; but I expect that limitation to be addressed, in
due course.

"Resolution: On the 15th February 2002, at the RDFCore WG telecon, the
WG:

    * resolved that the current syntaxes (RDF/XML, n-triples, graph
syntax) do not allow literals as subjects.
    * noted that it is aware of no reason why literals should not be
subjects and a future WG with a less restrictive charter may extend the
syntaxes to allow literals as the subjects of statements."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-literalsubjects

So I don't see any reason why owl:SymmetricProperty should
be constrained to be a subclass of owl:ObjectProperty.