Re: Why isn't FunctionalProperty a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?

From: "Bob MacGregor" <macgregor@ISI.EDU>
Subject: RE: Why isn't FunctionalProperty a subClassOf owl:ObjectProperty?

Bob,

> GreaterThan is a transitive Datatype Property.
> Equals is a symmetric Datatype Property.

I think GreaterThan and Equals are not datatype properties, according to the
definition of datatype property in OWL DL.

Actually GreaterThan and Equals are binary datatype predicates, which sadly can
not be  expressed as XML Schema datatypes. However, GreaterThan21 or Equals5 can
be defined as derived datatypes of int, which is a built-in XML Schema datatype.

Jeff
--
Jeff Z. Pan  ( http://DL-Web.man.ac.uk/ )
Computer Science Dept., The University of Manchester