Re: properties as nodes etc.

Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> Ah, back to quads.  I'd like to be able to identify triples, too.  In
fact,
> I remember thinking during the recent thread on "dark triples" (was that
> here or on rdf-interest?) that the concept didn't seem workable to me
> without being able to identify actual triples and to make statements about
> them.  Maybe I just didn't understand something crucial.

Well I think that colored triples, or more properly quads, are necessary for
RDF to work on  the web
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2002May/0123.html, but
that issue is orthogonal to "dark triples" which merely serve as _syntactic
triples_ i.e. non-assertions, whose meaning would need to be defined by
_some other_ specification e.g. WebOnt/OWL.

There would be no general need to be able to make statements about such
pieces of syntax/language.

Jonathan