Re: properties as nodes etc.

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:24:15 -0400
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

[Seth Russell]

> The way I would like to see RDF extended is to give the context of a
triple
> a URI.  That way the triple becomes a quad: (<ContextUri>, <SubjectUri>,
> <PropertyUri>, <ObjectUri>).  Unique triples can now flow into a context
> from whatever source;  not just one file.  They can flow into the same
> context because now we have a name for it.  This <ContextUri> identifies
the
> same thing that is delineated in TimBl's N3 by { .... } enclosures.  But
> TimBl doesn't call it a context (which is a dirty word in some circles),
he
> calls it formulae.  I think programmers and the man in the street will
know
> what we are talking about just fine if we just call it a context.

Ah, back to quads.  I'd like to be able to identify triples, too.  In fact,
I remember thinking during the recent thread on "dark triples" (was that
here or on rdf-interest?) that the concept didn't seem workable to me
without being able to identify actual triples and to make statements about
them.  Maybe I just didn't understand something crucial.

Cheers,

Tom P